I’m always looking for ways to make my beauty routine a little cheaper. Whether it’s finding dupes or products that are multifunctional, I love saving where I can so I can splurge on other things! I’m a little late to the party on discovering the beauty of coconut oil. I had run out of cotton pads for my micealler water and needed to clean off my eye makeup. Apricot scrub alone does NOT work for this. So I picked up a jar of coconut oil from the kitchen. It worked perfectly. I’ve always heard coconut oil is so great for a lot of different skin care/beauty uses. So I decided to get to researching. Here’s what I found:
Coconut oil has tons really great beauty/skin care uses, here are my 6 favorite. Bonus: A jar is super cheap (buy my favorite here for $6), you don’t need a lot and it lasts forever.
- Make-up remover: Possibly the best eye make-up remover I’ve used (read more about it here!). Right up there with micellar water. I prefer to use this for my eyes and the micellar water for the rest of my face.
- Frizz-tamer: rub on the ends of your hair to tame dry, split ends that tend to frizz up.
- Face & body moisturizer: even for oily skin, coconut oil is safe to use. I especially love using it on my lips, neck, feet and elbows! Plus, it smells nice.
- Helps wounds heal quicker: I was shocked by this one, but according to Today.com, “antibacterial properties that help cuts and scrapes heal faster”. I’m going to be trying this for sure, since I’m so clumsy and I have a tendency to pick at any blemish I get.
- Teeth whitener: I’m sure you’ve heard of oil-pulling, it works! However, it does feel pretty weird.
- Cheap make-up brush cleaner: This is something I am not great about doing, and really need to start! According to Pop Sugar you can mix 2 parts anti-bacterial soap with one part coconut oil to use as a cleaner.
I’m glad I jumped on the coconut oil bandwagon, even if I’m a bit late. Be sure to sign up for my emails so you won’t miss a post! I have a bunch of exciting things coming up in the next couple of weeks!
What’re your favorite budget beauty products?